Your Ad Here

Questseek Searching

Search the web:

6/27/2007

Hungarian duo want to shine

Young Hungarian strikers Krisztian Nemeth and Andras Simon are hoping to make a name for themselves at Liverpool.

The Reds signed 18-year-old Nemeth and 17-year-old Simon from MTK Budapest after the two clubs reached an agreement.

The pair hope to form a solid partnership at Anfield and progress through the ranks to Rafa Benitez's first-team squad.

"We're moving to Liverpool on June 25 and we hope that in a year or two we can make our debut in the first team," Nemeth told skysports.com.

"I'm very happy with this co-operation, I think this is great news for our whole country, it's a big honour."

Simon added: "We want to play regular football in the reserves and we will do our best to step forward as soon as it's possible."

Nemeth has already received one call-up to the Hungarian national team but has not played.

He has, however, already represented his country at U21 level.

"I'd love to play in the national team and I hope that soon I can make my debut. But of course it's always up to the national coach [Peter Varhidi] if he invites me or not."

Source : www.skysports.com
By Juha Pal - Created on 26 Jun 2007