Your Ad Here

Questseek Searching

Search the web:

7/17/2007

Maloney eyes long Villa stay

Shaun Maloney has dismissed stories linking him with a return to former club Celtic.

Reports over the weekend suggested Maloney was less than happy at Aston Villa and was thinking of a move back to Glasgow.

Maloney left Celtic in the January transfer window to set out on a new challenge with Villa, and he is adamant his feelings have not changed.

He told Villa's official website: "I didn't even see the story myself. Stilian Petrov told me about it, but there's nothing in it.

"I said when I came here that I was excited by the challenge of playing in the Premier League and that's still the case."

Maloney scored just one goal for Villa last term but is confident he can have a much more successful campaign.

"It wasn't easy coming in midway through the season - ask any player, that's never ideal," he acknowledged.

"But I'm here now for pre-season and looking forward to the new season.

"There's nothing I can do about these stories. I'm just concentrating on getting ready for the new season with Villa."

Source : www.skysports.com
By Lewis Rutledge - Created on 16 Jul 2007