Your Ad Here

Questseek Searching

Search the web:

7/15/2007

Babel completes Reds move

Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Ryan Babel from Ajax.

The Dutch forward has put pen-to-paper on a five-year deal after the two clubs agreed a fee of £11.5million earlier this week.

Babel joins Yossi Benayoun as the latest two signings at Anfield and both will be presented by the club later on Friday.

The 20-year-old, who will wear the number 19 shirt, will have to compete with a number of other players for a place in Rafa Benitez's side.

But he is delighted to have completed his move from Ajax and is relishing the challenge ahead.

"It was very important how the coach spoke to me, how I would fit in his team," Babel told the club's official website.

"After that conversation I knew it was the right decision.

"I have a good feeling about things.

"I met Dirk Kuyt at training, who I knew from the national team. At that moment he did not feel like a rival but I suppose that is what will happen."

Source : www.skysports.com
By Lewis Rutledge - Created on 13 Jul 2007