Your Ad Here

Questseek Searching

Search the web:

7/15/2007

Mourinho admits American dream

Jose Mourinho has revealed a desire to coach in Major League Soccer.

The Chelsea boss has admitted he would 'love' to follow in the footsteps of David Beckham and end his career across the Atlantic.

While Beckham is ending his playing days in America with Los Angeles Galaxy, Mourinho says a stateside opportunity to see out his managerial profession would be something that appeals to him.

"I am tempted. In 20 years' time, yes, I would love to come," said Mourinho, who is currently in America with Chelsea as they continue their pre-season preparations.

"Beckham is at the end of his career as a player and when I am at the end of my career as a coach I would love it.

"The country is amazing and I think it is a big challenge to help soccer to become more important in this country.

"But Beckham's the one to do it, the best one to do it.

"European football will miss him because he has more than enough quality to play the European game, but for the objectives of him to come here I think he is the perfect player.

"If the objective is to bring soccer up in the US then I think they couldn't choose a better player for that.

"I think what he means to the world of football is more than a football player."

Chelsea have travelled to America for the previous three pre-seasons and Mourinho believes he has already seen a positive change in attitude towards football in that time.

"The players in American teams have quality, tactical quality, and they have passion. I think a lot of kids love the game here," Mourinho concluded.

Source : www.skysports.com
By Peter Fraser - Created on 13 Jul 2007