Your Ad Here

Questseek Searching

Search the web:

7/18/2007

Domenech Hammers Faubert

France coach Raymond Domenech has blasted Julien Faubert's move to West Ham.

Faubert left Bordeaux for West Ham earlier this month after The Hammers beat Rangers to the midfielder's signature.

Domenech has expressed his disappointment at Faubert's decision to move to Upton Park, hinting the 23-year-old has damaged his international ambitions by switching to Alan Curbishley's side.

Faubert has made one appearance for France, but Domenech believes he could struggle to add to his tally after opting to join West Ham.

"I can't understand Faubert's decision. When my players phone me to tell me they are moving clubs, I tell them it is okay if they are joining one of the top four in England, Germany, Italy or Spain," Domenech is quoted as saying in The Sun.

"But it is unspeakably stupid to join a club outside of those few, apart from the financial point of view.

"It is a great pity when you are on the brink of the French national team.

"I struggle to understand why he has done it."

Source : www.skysports.com
By Peter ORourke - Created on 17 Jul 2007