Your Ad Here

Questseek Searching

Search the web:

7/16/2007

Younis confirms Black Cats snub

Iraq international Younis Mahmoud has confirmed Sunderland made a move for his services in May.

The 24-year-old is currently attracting a host of interest due his displays for Al Gharafa and his country in the Asian Cup.

Younis is keen to further his career, but family issues prevented him from accepting Roy Keane's offer from The Black Cats.

Sunderland could well face competition for Younis further down the line with Ligue 1 duo Marseille and Lille both interested in the striker.

"I spoke to Sunderland two months ago," said Younis. "They asked me but I had a problem and because of my family I wouldn't go.

"Marseille and Lille also spoke with me but my family are in Iraq. I want to take them out but my father likes it there and won't go. Maybe next year I'll move."

Source : www.sksyports.com
By James Pearson - Created on 15 Jul 2007