Your Ad Here

Questseek Searching

Search the web:

7/18/2007

Tevez wants quick solution

Carlos Tevez has called for a quick resolution to his proposed transfer to Manchester United.

The Premier League champions have confirmed talks are ongoing in an effort to sign Tevez from West Ham United.

The Argentinian is due to undergo a medical at Old Trafford later this week and United hope to wrap up a deal for the striker within the next seven days.

But Tevez's contractual situation remains a stumbling block, regarding who will be entitled to any transfer fee.

Tevez's representative Kia Joorabchian owns the player's economic rights, but the Premier League believe West Ham should be entitled to the bulk of any payment.

With the matter dragging on, the former Corinthians ace has added his voice to the desire for a speedy resolution.

"I want a solution very quickly on this subject," Tevez is quoted in the Daily Mirror.

"My desire is to play for Manchester United, but I also want a positive exit from West Ham because the club was good to me in the year when I played in England.

"I find the controversy about my transfer very strange, but I hope it will be resolved in the next few days."

Source : www.skysports.com
By Mark Buckingham - Created on 17 Jul 2007