Your Ad Here

Questseek Searching

Search the web:

7/16/2007

Ashton happy with return

Dean Ashton made a successful return to action on Saturday after 11 months on the sidelines.

The 23-year-old made a welcome return as a second half substitute in Saturday's pre-season friendly with Dagenham & Redbridge.

Ashton missed the whole of last season after breaking his ankle on international duty.

The former Crewe and Norwich ace was happy with his return after admitted he feared for his career at one point.

"I want to now enjoy my football because at one stage I never thought I would get back," admitted Ashton.

"It has been a long old year and a tough year for me - it is just nice to be back doing what I like most.

"It was nice to get 45 minutes under the belt. My touch and timing will take time - but the main thing is I went out there and it felt good.

"I feel as good as I have ever felt. Now it is just a case of the football to get right."

Source : www.skysports.com
By Peter ORourke - Created on 15 Jul 2007