Your Ad Here

Questseek Searching

Search the web:

7/14/2007

Bridge concerned by injury

Wayne Bridge admits he is unsure if he will be fit to start the season with Chelsea.

The full-back is receiving treatment on a hip injury picked up while on international duty with England earlier in the summer.

He is due to undergo a scan on the problem in the United States, where Chelsea are currently preparing for the new Premier League campaign.

Bridge is frustrated that the injury is hampering his efforts to get fit and is still uncertain as to the severity of the hip complaint.

"Obviously I picked up a little injury, so I'm not too good," Bridge told Chelsea TV.

"I just want to get it over with and out of the way really.

"I will go and see someone, and have a few more scans, and see what's said and take it from there.

"It's very frustrating. No player wants to miss pre-season, it's one of the things you've got to do to get over all the muscle aches and everything.

"I'm going to have to work especially hard, but it depends on what happens. I don't know when or where yet."

When asked if he was confident of being fit for the season opener against Birmingham on 12th August, Bridge replied: "I don't know, I'm not sure."

Source : www.skysports.com
By Mark Buckingham - Created on 13 Jul 2007