Your Ad Here

Questseek Searching

Search the web:

7/17/2007

Kamara: I will score goals

Diomansy Kamara is convinced he can score 'a lot of goals' in the Premier League with Fulham.

Lawrie Sanchez was persuaded to part with £6million to take the Senegal forward to Craven Cottage from West Brom.

The Fulham boss has taken a gamble on Kamara given the striker's record in his previous seasons in the top flight.

In one campaign at Portsmouth, followed by his debut season with West Brom, Kamara mustered just five goals in 51 Premier League appearances.

But the 26-year-old is not concerned by those statistics and is confident he can be a regular scorer over the coming months.

"I'm so happy to sign for Fulham, it is a very good team," Kamara told Sky Sports News.

"Before I came here I spoke with the coach and I like his project. I am happy to stay in England and play in the Premiership again.

"The Championship is difficult because there are a lot of games and it is very athletic, but in the Premiership they play more football and there is more space, so I'm happy to play in the Premiership.

"I want to score a lot of goals. When I came from Italy I was not fit to play in England, now I understand football in England.

"This year I hope to score a lot of goals in the Premiership."

Source : www.skysports.com
By Mark Buckingham - Created on 16 Jul 2007