Your Ad Here

Questseek Searching

Search the web:

7/17/2007

Yeung confirms Blues intention

Hong Kong businessman Carson Yeung has confirmed he plans to own 100 per cent of Birmingham City.

Yeung is set to become the club's single biggest shareholder on Monday when he concludes a deal for 29.9 per cent of the Premier League outfit.

Should Yeung go on to acquire a further 30 per cent of the club then he would be in pole position to bid for control of the Midlands side.

Yeung has confirmed he has big plans for the newly-promoted club and they include splashing the cash and keeping manager Steve Bruce.

"I don't have any politics and I only want to buy for interest because I love football," he told the Daily Mirror.

"I will not let the Birmingham fans down. I like the city of Birmingham and have a lot of good plans for the future.

"David Gold and David Sullivan (pictured) have accepted our plan. As soon as we can I would like to own the whole club.

"We can buy some good players in January but maybe by then we might already be in a healthy position so we will wait and see.

"We can spend a lot of money in the right way but first I want to meet Steve Bruce as soon as possible.

"I have a lot of confidence in Steve Bruce, he is a very straight man and we could have a good relationship."

Source : www.skysports.com
By James Pearson - Created on 16 Jul 2007