Your Ad Here

Questseek Searching

Search the web:

7/16/2007

Keane unfazed by pressure

Roy Keane has brushed off concerns pressure could be an issue for the budding Sunderland boss in the Premier League.

The Manchester United great has less than a year of managerial experience under his belt having guided The Black Cats back into England's top flight inside 12 months.

The pressure will be on Keane to maintain Sunderland's Premier League status after the North East side claimed just three wins in 38 outings last time around.

However, the only pressure the Irishman will be feeling will be the strain and stress he puts on himself to win and make Sunderland a better team.

"Maybe I am missing something but I don't feel pressure at all," he told the Sunday Mirror. "The only pressure I felt as a player was from myself.

"I am the same as a manager. Come the first match I will put pressure on myself. But I don't feel pressure from people outside the club.

"Our whole belief is that the players go out and express themselves. Hopefully they are picking up from myself and my staff that there is no fear factor here.

"In the last five or six months of last season every game was a must-win match but there was not one day that I picked up any nervousness from the players. Never.

"It is something I learned from Brian Clough and other coaches and in my last couple of seasons as a player when I wasn't enjoying myself as much because of injuries.

"You have to enjoy what you do. There are millions of people who don't enjoy their jobs. This is possibly the calmest period of my football career."

Source : www.skysports.com
By James Pearson - Created on 15 Jul 2007