Your Ad Here

Questseek Searching

Search the web:

7/18/2007

Crouch reveals Rafa talks

Liverpool star Peter Crouch has revealed he had talks with Rafa Benitez to receive assurances about his future.

Crouch's future at Liverpool has been the subject of conjecture for some time with a number of clubs being linked with a move for the giant forward.

The England international met with Benitez at the end of last season to discuss his long-term future and he was assured he was a part of the Spaniard's plans at Anfield, much to the relief of Crouch.

"A lot of the lads went to see the manager at the end of the season," Crouch told the Daily Express. "I was no different.

"There had been speculation and I was tentative about going in to see him.

"I did not want to leave, but if he has said I had to then I would.

"But he was sort of taken aback that I was even asking really and said 'Of course you're in my plans'.

"That was good to hear because it meant it wasn't even an issue for him."

Crouch is looking forward to the forthcoming season and is hoping to continue his steady improvement at Anfield.

"I thought I did well at the end of my first year, and it was then a case of, can he prove it over the course of a whole season?

"Hopefully, I did that last year and now I'd like to kick on to another level."

Source : www.skysports.com
By Peter ORourke - Created on 17 Jul 2007