Your Ad Here

Questseek Searching

Search the web:

7/15/2007

Fergie: Jose jibe funny

Sir Alex Ferguson has laughed off claims from Jose Mourinho that Manchester United's summer spending spree has put him under increased pressure.

United have already splashed out over £50million to sign Anderson, Owen Hargreaves and Nani, while the champions are also trying to push through a deal for Carlos Tevez.

In contrast, Mourinho has picked up three free transfers for Chelsea, and stumped up 'just' £13million for Lyon winger Florent Malouda.

Mourinho has claimed that Ferguson is now under more pressure to deliver in the new season, but the Scot has dismissed his Chelsea counterpart's assertion.

"It's an amazing statement actually," Ferguson told Sky Sports News. "I don't think he knows I've been here for 20 years.

"Whether he is trying to transfer some of the pressure - maybe he's under pressure himself, I don't know.

"I thought it was quite funny."

Ferguson also expects Arsenal to finish in the top four, suggesting Arsene Wenger's side will be stronger for the sale of Thierry Henry to Barcelona.

He added: "They'll be in the top four without question, I'm more convinced they'll be in the top four without Henry.

"I just think it was time to go, I think Arsene knew that and I think they will be better."

Source : www.skysports.com
By Mark Buckingham - Created on 13 Jul 2007