Your Ad Here

Questseek Searching

Search the web:

7/18/2007

Jose hopes for same Drogba

Jose Mourinho expects Didier Drogba to maintain his form next season, despite the striker again raising doubts about his Chelsea future.

The Ivory Coast international finished last season as the top scorer in the Premier League and rattled in 33 goals in all competitions.

According to Mourinho, Drogba has been looking sharp in pre-season training in California and the Chelsea boss is looking forward to seeing the hit-man back in action.

"When we remember last season, he was top scorer in the country and one of the best players also in the Champions League," said Mourinho.

"When I see him in training he looks so sharp and with only one week of work. His quality looks even better than last season.

"I think we will have the same Didier as last season. That, for us, is fantastic. As a striker and a team player it's difficult to find better."

But Drogba has again suggested that he could leave Stamford Bridge, if a suitably lucrative offer lands on the table.

"For now things are still fuzzy, not clear," Drogba told the Sun. "Yet any good offer could tip the scale in another team's favour.

"I have heard there are offers from Porto, Barca and the rest. But I've not made up my mind.

"There is no season I don't have many offers. I would love to stay in England. I want to improve on last season's performance.

"But any strong economic pull can make me change my mind. If I feel I'm not being take care of, I quit."

Source : www.skysports.com
By Mark Buckingham - Created on 17 Jul 2007