Your Ad Here

Questseek Searching

Search the web:

7/18/2007

Yeung has faith in Bruce

Birmingham's new majority shareholder Carson Yeung says he is a big fan of manager Steve Bruce.

The Hong Kong-based businessman has just taken a 29.9 per cent holding in the St Andrews club with the aim of eventually owning the whole of the club.

Yeung has now revealed that he has invested purely for the love of the sport, and that he wants Steve Bruce to take the club into Europe.

"Money for me is not important, I love soccer," Yeung told Sky Sports News.

Yeung insisted that he was looking forward to working with Bruce.

When asked whether Bruce would continue as manager, he stated: "Of course.

"I didn't know him but I saw him on the TV, but I have confidence in Steve, he is a good manager."

Yeung has big ideas for Birmingham and wants them to compete for a UEFA Champions League place.

"I want them to be an international team, maybe to be in the Champions League in the future," he said.

Source : www.skysports.com
By Graeme Bailey - Created on 16 Jul 2007